If you are playing GTA V on your PC and you encounter Error Code 107, then don’t worry, we have an awesome solution for this problem. For PC users when the game encounters a certain error code 107, it may cause problems as a specific antivirus program usually causes this error code and the user itself can often fix it.
Table of Contents
However, suppose you wish to be safe. In that case, we recommend uninstalling any programs that may have been installed from the internet or a third-party source including software updates. How to Fix Error Code 107 in GTA V for Windows? This guide will help you fix Error Code 107 in GTA V for Windows PCs. Follow the steps below to repair corrupted files, reinstall game fix update or update your antivirus program.
How why Error Code 107
This article will give you a better idea about Error Code 107, what causes it and how to fix it. Numerous reasons can cause the error code 107. They will be discussed below:
- You are not running the latest version of GTA V
- The game can also corrupt on a certain computer system if the user has not updated the game for a long time. It is a common problem that occurs with the Windows PC.
- An outdated antivirus program
- When you are installing the game then you should update the antivirus program immediately to avoid a conflict with the new game. But if the new game gets damaged due to an outdated antivirus program then it can cause this error code.
- A Program that is conflicting with GTA V
- There are numerous programs that can cause problems with the game, and one of them is the Windows registry. If this registry gets corrupted then it can cause Error Code 107.
How to Repair Corrupt GTA V Files
If the error code 107 is caused by corrupt files then you can try to repair the files. This method is best for fixing damaged game files and it will not harm the original files. Follow the steps below to repair corrupt GTA V game files:
- Uninstall the game from your PC.
- Now search for the “Advanced Uninstaller” option in the Start Menu. This option helps you to easily uninstall GTA V.
- Download and install a reliable file repair tool – Now open the tool and select the “Repair” option.
- Finally, find and fix the corrupt files.
- The file repair tool will scan the game and list out the corrupt files, and you can click on them and they will be repaired automatically.
Update Game to Fix Buggy Updates
For many gamers, the game’s updates can be buggy and many of them encounter Error Code 107. The updates are usually saved to the cache, and if the cache gets damaged then it can cause this error code. To fix this issue you can try to update the cache of your game. Just follow the steps below to fix the update issue:
- Go to the Settings of your game and then select the “Available Updates” option.
- Now you will be able to see all the available updates for your game. Select the update you wish to download and then click on “Download Now“.
- Now wait for the download to complete and then install the update.
Sometimes you are facing the error code 107 even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game. It is recommended to reinstall the game if you have tried all the above methods and it still causes error code 107. If you are an advanced user who is looking for a permanent solution then you can try reinstalling the game. But before reinstalling the game we recommend you to create a new Steam account and install it on an other computer. This will help you to avoid any problems.
- First, create a new Steam account and store the account information in an safe place.
- After that, uninstall the game from the original account and then install it on the new account.
- Now, you can play the game from the new account without any problems.
Reset the Windows PC to Factory Defaults
If you have updated all the files and have tried all the above solutions but still experiencing the same issue then you can try resetting the PC to factory defaults. This is one of the best solutions to fix Error Code 107 and it will erase all the data from your PC. You can reset your PC by following the steps below:
- First of all, shut down your PC and make sure that it is not connected to the internet.
- Now, press the “Ctrl + Shift + Break” to open the “Disable Windows sign-in” menu.
- Finally, select “reset to defaults” and then click on “Ok” button.
Remove other Software that may be causing Issue
Suppose your PC is not showing the error code 107 and shows the other errors while playing GTA V. In that case, you can try to uninstall any other software that may be conflicting with GTA V. This method is best for advanced users who are looking for a permanent solution to fix Error Code 107. You can uninstall the software by following the steps below:
- First of all, go to the start menu and then search for the “Microsoft Windows Sidebar“.
- Now select the “Windows Sidebar” and then click on “Uninstall” option.
- After uninstalling the sidebar, now search for the program in the Windows Store and uninstall it.
- Now you can play the game without any errors.
If you are facing Error Code 107 while playing GTA V on your PC then don’t worry. We have discussed how to fix Error Code 107 in GTA V. It is recommended to uninstall any outdated programs and try to reinstall the game. You can also try to update the game cache to repair corrupted files. If it doesn’t work then you can try reinstalling the game. Hope this guide helped you. If you have any query regarding the above guide, then please feel free to comment below. Thank you for reading!