You just got a new pair of AirPods, and you’re pumped to use them with your Microsoft Surface.
Table of Contents
Good News: it’s actually really easy to do! Just follow these simple steps, and you’ll be good to go.
- First, make sure your AirPods are charged. You can do this by plugging the charging case into a USB port or using the Lightning cable that comes with your AirPods.
- Next, open the Settings menu on your Surface. You can find this by clicking on the gear icon in the taskbar at the bottom of your screen.
- Select Bluetooth & devices and turn it on Bluetooth.
- Hold the button on the back of your charging case until the LED lights start flashing amber.
- Your Surface should now automatically discover your AirPods. If it doesn’t, click on the downward arrow next to Other Devices and select AirPods.
Once they’re connected, you’ll be able to use them like any other Bluetooth audio device. Enjoy!
What You Need to Know About Connecting AirPods to Microsoft Surface
To start, you’ll need to make sure that your AirPods are charging. If they’re not, connect them to the charging case and plug in the case.
Next, turn on your Surface and open the Settings menu. Click on “Devices” and then “Bluetooth“. Under “Add Bluetooth or other device,” select “AirPods” and click on “Pair.”
Your Surface will then begin the pairing process, which should only take a few seconds. After that, you’ll be able to use your AirPods with your Surface.
Ensure the Microsoft Surface Is Up-to-Date
Before you start, make sure that your Microsoft Surface is up-to-date. If you’re not sure, go to the Settings app and select System > About. The operating system version is listed at the top.
If your Surface is running an earlier version of Windows, you won’t be able to connect your AirPods. You’ll need to update your Surface first.
Turn on Bluetooth and Pair Your AirPods
- First, make sure that Bluetooth is turned On. On the Surface, go to Settings > Bluetooth & Devices.
- If your AirPods are not in pairing mode, hold down the AirPods’ charging case lid until the white LED flashes.
- Next, on the Surface, go to Settings > Bluetooth & Devices > click on the “Add a device” button.
- The AirPods should appear in the list of devices. Click on them, and then click “Pair.” The AirPods will be paired with your Surface.
How to Pair Your AirPods With the Microsoft Surface
Once you have your AirPods, you’ll need to pair them with your Microsoft Surface. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the lid of your AirPods case.
- Press and hold the pairing button on the back of the case for two seconds.
- The status light on the front of the case will flash white, and you’ll see “AirPods” appear in the list of devices on your Surface.
- Tap “AirPods” to connect.
- You’re all set! Now you can use your AirPods with your Surface.
Other Troubleshooting Tips
If you’re still having trouble, there are a few other things you can try.
- First, make sure that your AirPods are turned on and charged. You can do this by checking the LED light on the charging case.
- If it’s green, that means your AirPods are ready to go.
- If it’s amber, that means they’re charging.
- If it’s white, that means they’re connected to your Surface.
- Second, try restarting your Surface. Sometimes this can help clear up any glitches that might be causing the connection issues.
- Third, try resetting your AirPods. To do this, press and hold the setup button on the back of the charging case for about 15 seconds or until you see the LED light flash white.
- Once they’re reset, you should be able to connect them to your Surface without any problems.
And that’s it! These are just a few quick and easy troubleshooting tips that should help you get your AirPods connected to your Surface without any trouble.
FAQs on Connecting AirPods to Microsoft Surface
A: The first thing you need to do is make sure that your AirPods are in the charging case and that the case is charged. Then, open up the lid of the case and hold it next to your Microsoft Surface. You should see a message pop up on your screen that says “AirPods” and gives you the option to connect. Tap on “Connect” and you’re all set!
A: Yes, you can use AirPods with any Microsoft Surface as long as it has Bluetooth. So, whether you have a Surface Pro or a Surface Laptop, you’ll be able to connect your AirPods and listen to your music or take calls wirelessly.
A: No, you don’t need to do anything special—just make sure that your AirPods are in the charging case and that the case is charged. Then, open up the lid of the case and hold it next to your Microsoft Surface. You should see a message pop up on your screen that says “AirPods” and gives you the option to connect. Tap on “Connect” and you’re all set!
So, if you’re among the people who have both a Surface and AirPods, you’re in luck: connecting the two is a breeze. Here are the quick and easy steps for doing so:
- Make sure both your Surface and AirPods are turned on.
- On your Surface, open the Start menu and select Settings.
- Select Devices, then Bluetooth & other devices.
- Toggle the switch next to AirPods to the On position.
- Under Available devices, your AirPods should appear.
- Select AirPods and click Pair.
- Enter the passcode that appears on your AirPods (if prompted).
- You’re now connected!